The 2015 Eurasia Commodity and Trade Expo ("2015 Expo" for short) will be held in Urumqi, Xinjiang from August 12 to August 16, 2015. Media reporters and technical support personnel who enter the site and related areas for media coverage shall provide appropriate credentials, which can be obtained after applying as per procedures. The Organizing Committee welcomes media to interview and report and will provide high-quality services for registered media. The application process and credential management measures are described as below:
I. Type of Credentials and Authority
The registered media credential for 2015 Expo is "press pass" which contains such information as photo, name, medium name, number, etc. The press pass is valid from August 5 to August 16, 2015. With press pass, registered media personnel can enter Xinjiang International Convention & Exhibition Center, the site of expo forum and trade promotion activities and enclosed areas in residence. If with designated signs, it is also allowed to walk around enclosed areas on the site of related activities,
II. Qualification Requirements for Registered Media Agencies and Personnel
1. The print media must have the publication number issued by State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television;
2. The television and broadcast media must be television and broadcast agencies approved by State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television;
3. The text reporters, press photographers and broadcast and television journalists must have the press pass issued by State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television;
4. The media technical support personnel must have the certificate issued by media unit which proves their engagement in technical, logistic and other auxiliary work.
III. Application Procedures
1. If the media from Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and each prefecture want to apply for press pass, they can get the Application Form and Credential Handling Form from Propaganda Work Department of the Expo Organizing Committee, complete them and affix unit seal. Afterwards, submit electronic version of the forms to Propaganda Work Department of the Expo Organizing Committee along with applicant's photo and scanned copy of ID card by e-mail. The original Credential Handling Form shall be returned when receiving credentials.
2. The news media in other provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions are directly invited by Propaganda Work Department of the Expo Organizing Committee and provided with application form. The media units receiving invitation shall provide detailed information about reporters as well as the scanned copies of ID card, electronic photos complying with requirements, scanned copies of unit official letters, etc. and send them to designated e-mail box. After review and approval, the Organizing Committee notifies reporters to receive the press pass for the Expo by showing originals of the materials above.
IV. Precautions for Filling in Application Form
1. The number of reporters filled in a single sheet of press pass application form shall not exceed 200 persons;
2. The ID card provided for applying for press pass must be the second-generation ID card;
3. When handling press pass, the recent bareheaded color electronic photo with white background is required. The file name is composed of the owner's name plus date of birth composed of eight digits, such as "Zhang xx xx 19660101". The picture element shall be above 320*240 and file size 50--600KB, in JPG format;
4. The type of applicants to be filled in is divided into "reporter" or "technical support";
5. It is required to fill in the form in strict accordance with requirements and check the information carefully after completion;
6. Deadline of applying for press pass: July 30, 2015.
V. Credential Management
1. The credential holder shall keep credential properly and use it in strict accordance with requirements. It is prohibited to alter the credential or lend it to others;
2. During activities, related persons must wear credentials in an apparent position on the chest and receive checking by patrolling staff consciously;
3. In case credentials are stolen, lost or damaged during use, it is required to report to relevant staff of Propaganda Work Department of the Expo Organizing Committee immediately, which then notices the credential center to approve the cancellation of such credentials.
Contact of Propaganda Work Department of the Expo Organizing Committee
Tel: 0991-5190561, 18690898221
Tel: 0991-5190561, 13909952766
Propaganda Work Department
Issued on: July 9, 2015, 11:20:08 I. Time and Place of Handling Credentials (I) Starting and ending time of submitting information St...
Xin ICP No. 14002874-1